Who is Prof. Dr. Fatma Tulin Kayhan?
Cirriculum Vitae ( CV ) of Fatma Tülin Kayhan
You can use the link on the right-menu to navigate complete CV.
What are the diseases FTK is interested in ?
FTK is a bright and well known surgeon with 27 years of experience in Ear- Nose-Throat (ENT) and Head and Neck Surgery.
FTK has been the chief of ENT clinic in Bakırköy research and education hospital for long years. She raised many ENT specialists in those years. ın all those years she worked as single Chief of the Ent clinic.
She is capable to cure every types of diseases in ENT and she has already cured thousands of people succesfully.
The main Diseases she can capable of are;
Expert Da Vinci Robotic Surgeon and Trainer
Head & neck area diseases;
- Sleep apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Neck Tumors
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Palatine Tonsil Cancer
- Pharynx Cancer
- Larynx Cancer
- Lip Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Tongue Cancer
- Salivary Glands benign and malign Cancers
- Thyroid Glands Diseases
- Thyroid Glands Operations
Ear Diseases ;
- Otitis Media
- Cochlear implant
- Hearing loss treatment
- Serous Otitis Media
- Otitis Media with Cholesteatoma
- Tympanic Membrane perforation
- Brain abscess
- İmpaired Balance problems
- Facial Paralysis
Nose & Sinus Diseases;
- Nasal obstruction ( stuffiness )
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Nasal Deviation
- Nasal Deformity
- Septum Deviation
- Functional Rhinoplasty
- Nasal bleeding ( Epistaxis )
- Loss of Smelling function
- Paranasal Sinus Cancers
- Swallowing difficulty
- Larynx Cancers
- Voice Prosthesis
- Vocal Cord diseases
Mouth & Throat diseases
- Sore Throat
- Oral cavity Cancer
- Tonsillar Diseases
- Adenoid Diseases
- Nasofaryngeal Diseases
- Giant Tongue ( macroglossia )
- Halitosis ( Bad Mouth smell )
What are the diseases can be cured with Robotic Surgery ?
- Transoral Robotic Surgery ( TORS) is a very new technic which came forward in 2007 in the University of Pennsylvania. It has been approved by FDA in 2009.
- Dr. Fatma Tülin Kayhan has got her robotic surgery education in 2009 in Strasbourg, France, and she started to TORS in 2009.
- Until today she has performed more than 250 Transoral Robotic Surgery Operations.
- She still instructs TORS to local and international Ear-Nose Throat Speacialists.
- She is one of the DA VİNCİ’s approved Expert Surgeon and Instructor.
Robotic Surgery Operations;
In mouth, throat, larynx, tongue and nasopharnx located benign or malign tumors/cysts both in adult and children can be successfully removed with robotic surgery by Prof. Dr. Fatma Tülin Kayhan.
She performs robotic surgery in low/high graded sleep apnea patients.
Robotic Surgery’s success rate is above % 80 in Mid/high graded obstructive sleep apnea patients.
(there are lots of international scientific research results which can be found on PUBMED database about success rate of robotic surgery.)